Adults: Over 12 years oldChildren: From 2 to 11 years oldInfants: Under 2 years old
From : 106.00 USD
Set sail aboard a glass-bottom catamaran on the Marinarium Punta Cana Snorkeling Cruise and swim with nurse sharks and stingrays in the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Whether you marvel at the fish or enjoy a refreshing cocktail in waist-deep crystal clear water, there are plenty of things to keep you entertained in this half-day excursion.
Set sail for Punta Cana’s Marinarium
Let the excitement mount as you’re picked up from your resort, or a designated meeting point, and taken to the dock where your glass-bottomed boat awaits.
Experience the luxury of an ocean cruise sailing from the shores of Bavaro. As you jet off to the Marinarium Marine Park, take in the beauty of the coast as you head toward your snorkeling adventure in Punta Cana and get to grips with your new ocean buddies — nurse sharks and stingrays!
Snorkeling with rays and sharks
Dive right in and snorkel with the Marinarium’s stingrays and sharks! This Punta Cana excursion is completely safe, as both stingrays and nurse sharks are harmless and docile creatures.
There’s also an open sea area where you could possibly spot butterflyfish, Caribbean sharpnose, yellow goatfish and many more colorful species as you make your way through Punta Cana’s largest coral reef.
Time for a cocktail
Once you have snorkeled until your heart’s content, you can recover with a sweet, tropical cocktail, like the Coco Loco, as you relax in a waist-deep natural swimming pool. You go from sharks to shaken-not-stirred in a matter of minutes.
Natural swimming pools are a perfect spot to unwind in, as you splash around with a cocktail in hand. So just remember to bask in the tropical sunshine as you sway to some great music. This is the kind of relaxation and exploration that travelers have come to expect from their Dominican Republic vacation.
Location(s): Marinarium Punta Cana
Season: All year long
Start Time: 9 a.m. | 2:30 p.m.
Duration: 5 hours (approx.)
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
- Round-trip transportation in air-conditioned buses
- Local tour guides from the all-inclusive Punta Cana hotels
- Lounge area with W/C, small store and welcome staff
- Private Marinarium dock (great for wheelchairs or baby strollers)
- Snacks, bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Glass-bottom catamarans
- Large marine park area for the best Punta Cana snorkeling
- Marinarium aquarium to swim with nurse sharks and stingrays
- English-speaking guides
- Wear a swimsuit, comfortable clothing & footwear
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, underwater camera, biodegradable sunblock, a beach towel, a change of clothes and extra money for tips & souvenirs (tipping is optional)
Pick up and drop off times will vary according to hotel location or designated meeting point.
Important Notice: Please note that there is an additional fee that must be paid directly to the driver when taking this tour from the following hotels:
- $10 USD – Casa de Campo Resort, Catalonia Gran Dominicus, Be Live Canoa, Dreams La Romana, Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
- $15 USD – Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
"Went to this excursion last year while staying in Punta Cana. Must say such a awesome experience. The staff were super friendly and did everything to to make people feel relaxed and that everyone had a great experience whether by dancing or just sharing a joke. scenery was breath taking and swimming with the sharks was a experience ill always remember. I would deff do this again. "
Andrew Balog - Cleveland - 01 Aug 2016