Adults: Over 12 years oldChildren: From 6 to 11 years old
From : 120.00 USD
On this sinkhole tour in the Yucatan Peninsula, you'll get to discover four different types of cenotes in beautiful natural surroundings. There’s a different activity to join at each spot — from zip line jumping to snorkeling — so pack your swimsuit and get ready for some fun at Xenotes!
A complete sinkhole tour of the Yucatan Peninsula
This refreshingly amazing excursion begins with pick-up at your resort. A knowledgeable guide will take you to the site of Xenotes’ sinkholes, located between Cancun and Puerto Morelos in the Riviera Maya. Your guide will help get you ready for this tour of four of the most exhilarating sinkholes in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Experience the beauty of the four elements
- Begin with K’aak’ (Fire), a jade-colored, open roof sinkhole enclosed in high vertical walls. Bring out your inner explorer as you kayak along magical waters you won’t believe actually exist.
- Next you'll visit Lu'um (Earth), a magnificent closed cavern cenote that’s closed off from the sun. As you rappel down to the turquoise waters, you'll see stalagmites and stalactites that have been formed over centuries.
- Ha (Water) is you next stop. The perfect fusion between K’aak’ and Lu'um, this sinkhole is half-open and home to an abundance of plants and birds. The crystal-clear waters make it a beautiful place for snorkeling and getting up close with everything this magical place has to offer.
- Your last port of call is Lik' (Air). Soaring on a zip line, you’ll get a bird’s eye view of this beautiful place before you dive straight into the beautiful waters below. A true adventure, you'll feel completely at one with both sky and sea!
Xenotes has it all
This excursion also includes a deli-style lunch, soft drinks, fruits and sweet snacks. If you want a complete and authentic exploration of the Yucatan Peninsula’s waters, look no further than Xenotes’ unique sinkhole tour!
Location(s): Riviera Maya
Season: All year long
Duration: 9 hours (approx.)
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: Yes
Suitable for children: Yes
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
- Transportation service with a specialized guide and an operator
- Welcome coffee, chocolate and sweet breads
- Non-alcoholic beverages (water and soft drinks) and seasonal fruits en route
- Chocolate, coffee and oatmeal cookies at every Xenote exit, except the one where lunch is served
- Glam Picnic: an energizing selection including fusilli-vegetable soup, fresh bar with premium quality cheeses and deli meats, accompanied with a variety of rustic breads and dressings to prepare your own food sided with fresh salads. Assortment of water, coffee, chocolate, wine and beer.
- Equipment: life jacket, snorkel equipment, rappel gear, kayak and/ or inner tube
- Restrooms, dressing rooms and a towel
- Min. age: 6 years old
- Bring cash or a credit card for souvenirs and tips
- We recommend that you bring aqua socks or water shoes and a towel
- Don’t litter, do take care of nature, enjoy it and learn from it
- Avoid using makeup or chemical repellents that affect the ecosystem of the cenotes, use only chemical-free sunscreen
- Shower before entering the Xenote to protect the habitat
- The use of life jackets is required for water activities
- Avoid leaving the beaten track to avoid an incident with the fauna or flora of the place
- If you see an animal avoid touching or feeding it, remember they are in their natural habitat
"This was an awesome tour. Josh was our guide and was fantastic. We went to 4 cenotes - each one unique and an adventure. The tour lasted a long time and we felt that we got more than our money's worth. the lunch was very nice - wine, beer and real silverware - no paper plates on this trip. First class trip."
Nancy Warner - Charleston - 22 May 2017