Santo Domingo City Tour
From : 95.00 USD
Embark on a guided exploration of Santo Domingo, without a doubt one of the most fascinating and exciting cities in the Caribbean, and the first city founded in the New World in 1496. This beautiful capital city, located two and half hours from Punta Cana, beckons you to explore its jewel-like charm.
Will you take in the American continent's first Cathedral? Or catch a glimpse of Christopher Columbus' family fortress? Better not forget to check the city's collection of beautiful monuments off your list, one by one, before dining and shopping in the city’s Plaza to end the day.
A city dripping in Dominican culture and heritage
Your excursion begins with early pick-up from your Punta Cana resort to Santo Domingo, the capital and cultural heart of the Dominican Republic. The city brings a vibrant mix of modern sights and architecture, and plenty of history, too. This is a trip made for those who want to join with the locals and sample some of the culture and heritage Santo Domingo has to offer.
Take a guided walk through colonial history
With the help of an expert English-speaking guide, take a stroll through the Colonial Zone to view the standout monuments and architecture. You’ll find out how the Spanish conquistadors lived with a visit to the Alcazar de Colon, the fortress where Columbus’ family lived. Speaking of historic buildings, you will also visit the Basilica Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor — the oldest cathedral in the Americas.
Experience Dominican dining and shopping
All this sightseeing can really work up an appetite. What better place to have a meal than at a traditional restaurant in Santo Domingo. Afterward, feel free to ‘shop ‘till you drop’ around the small mecca of colorful shops and boutiques in the Columbus Plaza. Santo Domingo will let you leave your world behind and submit to the magic of this majestic Caribbean city!
Season: All year long
Start Time: 7:30 a.m. from Punta Cana
Duration: 9 hours (approx.)
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for children: Yes
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: No
- English-speaking guides
- Transportation on air-conditioned buses
- Lunch in Santo Domingo
- All entrance fees
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Wear long pants/skirt and a shirt that covers the shoulders, for entering the Cathedral
- Bring camera, hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Feel free to bring money for tips, snacks and souvenirs (tipping is optional)
- Pick-up and drop-off times will vary according to resort location
- Be aware that some activities, such as museums, are unavailable on Mondays, making this activity a panoramic city tour on those days
- This excursion is available in the following languages:
- English: Daily
- French: Wednesday and Friday
- German/Spanish: Tuesday and Saturday
- Russian: Wednesday
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour