Chichen Itza Mayan Pyramids
Adult: Over 11 years oldChildren: 5 to 11 years oldInfants: 0 to 4 years old
From : 79.00 USD
Visit one of the New Seven Wonders of the World with Amstar and experience the best Chichen Itza tour in Cancun and the Riviera Maya!
The story of Chichen Itza, whose meaning is “At the mouth of the well of the Itza [people],” spans over a thousand years prior to the region’s sudden and still mysterious decline. Both in its time and ours, Chichen Itza has stood the test of time as one of Mesoamerica’s most impressive cultural achievements. Today, it has received the well-earned recognition of being a New Seven Wonder of the World.
Discover the fascinating history of these iconic and enigmatic Mayan ruins on your next visit to Cancun or the Riviera Maya.
Guided Chichen Itza tours from Cancun, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen and Tulum depart daily each morning. Located in the eastern part of the Yucatan Peninsula, all five-hour Chichen Itza excursions include a visit to the Ik Kil Cenote and a buffet lunch at a restaurant not far from the archaeological site.
From the Cenote Sagrado (Sacred Cenote) to the Kukulkan Pyramid, also known as “El Castillo” (the castle), the Caracol Observatory with its snail-shaped winding staircase leading up to the platform, and the Chichen Itza ballcourt, the largest in all Mesoamerica, you’ll learn all about the amazing Chichen Itza facts and history that continues to shape this region of Mexico even today.
Wondering when to visit Chichen Itza Mexico and what to wear while at these renowned Mayan ruins? Chichen Itza can be visited all year round. However, it can be hot in the afternoon, so always make sure to wear a hat, a light long-sleeved shirt and bring sufficient sunscreen lotion. Also take into account that during the Spring and Autumn equinox, you’ll have the opportunity to see the shadow of a serpent, many of whom believe to represent Kukulcan (the Mayan equivalent to Quetzalcoatl), the feather serpent himself, slither down the pyramid. And no matter what the season, don’t forget to clap once outside of the ruins!
After your tour, another Mexican treat will await your, by now, hungry appetite: a Mexican lunch buffet. After catching a bite to eat and sharing your tales of Mayan adventure at Chichen Itza, your next stop will be at the stunning Ik Kil cenote, where you can either simply take pictures and soak in the amazing environment or even go for a swim in the cool, crystalline waters of this ancient sinkhole. Simply the best Chichen Itza tour from Cancun and the Riviera Maya!
Do you prefer to set your own times and travel in the privacy and comfort of your own family or travel group? Then the Chichen Itza Private Tour is perfect for you!
Location(s): Cancun - Riviera Maya
Season: All Year Round
Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
Duration: 7 to 10 hrs.
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
Chichen Itza Express (available only Tuesday & Thursdays)
This two-hour tour is the perfect solution for those who have little time (or little ones with little patience). A one-hour guided tour plus one hour of free time to explore the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza on your own!
Chichen Itza Regular
This no frills all thrills tour offers guests a full-day outing to visit Chichen, a visit to the Ik Kil cenote and lunch buffet.
Chichen Itza Deluxe
This tour is perfect if you desire a more exclusive and personalized service. You will travel on board a deluxe bus with executive services and limited capacity, equipped with air-conditioning and restrooms.
- Enjoy a continental breakfast on your way to Chichen Itza; served with coffee and juice
- A lunch buffet is served in the Pueblo Maya restaurant (drinks not included)
- Water, soft drinks and beer are served on the return trip
- Visit to the Ik'Kil sinkhole with possibility of going for a swim
- On the way back to your hotel, the bus will take you on a panoramic ride through the colonial town of Valladolid, located near Chichen Itza (no stops allowed)
Chichen Itza Sky [Cancun only]
This tour option includes even more exclusive services than the Deluxe option. Apart from the transportation in a luxurious, panoramic Sky Luxury Cruiser you will also enjoy these additional options:
- Refreshing towels and alcoholic beverages during
- Wine and tequila as well as water and soft drinks are served after your visit to the archaeological site
IncludesAll tours include:
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site
- Bilingual tour guide
- Round-trip transportation to/from hotel or meeting point
- Tours may vary according to their options; please see the section "Tour Options" for more detailed information
- Pick-up times run from 7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and vary according to hotel. See your Amstar representative for more information
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring insect repellent, sunglasses, a camera, a swimsuit and a towel (if tour includes a trip to the cenote)
- Drinks are not included at the restaurant
- Bring extra money for shopping, beverages, or souvenirs
- Times and duration may vary due to weather conditions and unexpected events
- Wheelchairs with wider wheels are suggested for easier movement in the archaeological zone
- Wheelchair users must be able to move independently or be moved by a family member or companion
- Infants from 0 to 4 years of age must ride on their parent’s laps or pay a recovery rate to ensure a seat
"This is a great tour. Very much worth it. Just be aware it's extremely hot, so be prepared. Was a little disappointed we could not go up into the ruins themselves, but can't be helped since they were closed by the government. We did the deluxe and went to the Cenote. That is also awesome. "
Jeff leuschner - Rowlett - 29 May 2016