Chichen Itza Mayan Pyramids and Cenote Ik Kil
Adult: Over 11 years oldChildren: 5 to 11 years oldInfants: 0 to 4 years old
From : 79.00 USD
Pack 1000 years of history into 1 day with this Chichén Itzá excursion...Grab your magnifying glass and do your best Sherlock Holmes impression, because mystery reigns at Chichén Itzá – a world-famous complex of Mayan ruins. From the ancient castle to natural pools you will discover enigmatic history and cultural wonders of the world. Reveal the reasons behind this once thriving city’s mysterious decline, with your local guide!
Begin at the foot of the awe-inspiring step pyramid, known as El Castillo, which dominates the scene at 98 feet (30 meters) high.
It is one of Mesoamerica’s (a pre-columbian cultural region extending approximately from central Mexico to Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and northern Costa Rica) most impressive structures and there are lots of myths and legends to witness. If you are lucky enough to be visiting during the Spring and Autumn equinox, watch out for the shadow of Kukulkan, the Serpent God, who slithers down the side.
And no matter what the season, do not forget to clap once outside of the ruins to hear the chirping of a scared bird.
You will also get a chance to visit the ancient El Caracol, with its snail-shaped staircase leading up to the viewing platform, affording great sights of the jungle. Later, discover the Chichén Itzá ball court, where the Mayans used to play 'pitz', an ancient ballgame.
Pit-stop before the next natural beauty spot
Of course, no archaeological undertaking would be complete without lunch. You will enjoy a traditional Mexican buffet, to refuel before your exploration continues.
After lunch, you will swap one wonder for another, visiting the naturally beautiful Ik Kil Cenote. This ancient sinkhole formed to create a stunning scene, where you can either dive into the crystal waters or simply paddle whilst you take pictures.
This beautiful spot really does have it all, with the clear blue seas winking into the distance and ancient ruins reaching to the skies.
Location(s): Cancun - Riviera Maya
Season: All Year Round
Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
Duration: 7 to 10 hrs.
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
Chichen Itza Express (available only Tuesday & Thursdays)
This two-hour tour is the perfect solution for those who have little time (or little ones with little patience). A one-hour guided tour plus one hour of free time to explore the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza on your own!
Chichen Itza Regular
This no frills all thrills tour offers guests a full-day outing to visit Chichen, a visit to the Ik Kil cenote and lunch buffet.
Chichen Itza Deluxe
This tour is perfect if you desire a more exclusive and personalized service. You will travel on board a deluxe bus with executive services and limited capacity, equipped with air-conditioning and restrooms.
- Enjoy a continental breakfast on your way to Chichen Itza; served with coffee and juice
- A lunch buffet is served in the Pueblo Maya restaurant (drinks not included)
- Water, soft drinks and beer are served on the return trip
- Visit to the Ik'Kil sinkhole with possibility of going for a swim
- On the way back to your hotel, the bus will take you on a panoramic ride through the colonial town of Valladolid, located near Chichen Itza (no stops allowed)
Chichen Itza Sky [Cancun only]
This tour option includes even more exclusive services than the Deluxe option. Apart from the transportation in a luxurious, panoramic Sky Luxury Cruiser you will also enjoy these additional options:
- Refreshing towels and alcoholic beverages during
- Wine and tequila as well as water and soft drinks are served after your visit to the archaeological site
IncludesAll tours include:
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site
- Bilingual tour guide
- Round-trip transportation to/from hotel or meeting point
- Tours may vary according to their options; please see the section "Tour Options" for more detailed information
- Pick-up times run from 7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and vary according to hotel. See your Amstar representative for more information
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring insect repellent, sunglasses, a camera, a swimsuit and a towel (if tour includes a trip to the cenote)
- Drinks are not included at the restaurant
- Bring extra money for shopping, beverages, or souvenirs
- Times and duration may vary due to weather conditions and unexpected events
- Wheelchairs with wider wheels are suggested for easier movement in the archaeological zone
- Wheelchair users must be able to move independently or be moved by a family member or companion
- Infants from 0 to 4 years of age must ride on their parent’s laps or pay a recovery rate to ensure a seat
"This is a great tour. Very much worth it. Just be aware it's extremely hot, so be prepared. Was a little disappointed we could not go up into the ruins themselves, but can't be helped since they were closed by the government. We did the deluxe and went to the Cenote. That is also awesome. "
Jeff leuschner - Rowlett - 29 May 2016