Adults: Over 11 years oldChildren: From 5 to 11 years oldInfants: Under 4 years old
From : 79.00 USD
Pack 1,000 years of history into one day with this excursion taking you to Chichen Itza and the nearby natural pool of Ik Kil cenote. You'll first discover some of the world’s most fascinating cultural wonders at Chichen Itza’s Mayan ruins, with a bilingual guide showing you the way. After exploring these majestic pyramids, you'll move on to the waters of Ik Kil to have a refreshingly good time.
Experience the iconic Chichen Itza ruins
Following pick-up at your resort, your adventure begins at the foot of the awe-inspiring step pyramid, known as El Castillo, which dominates the scene at 98 feet (30 meters) high.
It’s one of the most impressive structures in Mesoamerica, a pre-Columbian cultural region extending approximately from central Mexico to Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and northern Costa Rica.
And there are lots of myths and legends to witness. If you’re lucky enough to be visiting during the spring and autumn equinox, watch out for the shadow of Kukulcan, the Serpent God, who slithers down the side of the main temple’s staircase.
And no matter what the season, remember to clap once in front of the El Castillo pyramid to hear the chirping of a sacred bird.
Experience more iconic Chichen Itza ruins
You'll also get a chance to view the magnificent El Caracol temple, which the Mayan astronomers used as an observatory. Nearby are the Nunnery and the Monastery, intricately decorated temples that housed Chichen Itza’s clergy.
Later, discover the Ball Court, where the Mayans used to play the ancient 'pitz' ballgame. Additionally, explore the Temple of Warriors, several columned structures, and smaller temples whose stairways have the same two-snake motif, like El Castillo.
Feel the crystal-clear waters of Ik Kil cenote
After a lunch buffet (included only in the Regular, Deluxe and Sky options), you’ll swap one wonder for another, visiting the naturally beautiful Ik Kil cenote, a freshwater sinkhole located a short drive from Chichen Itza. You can dive into the crystalline waters of the cenote or simply take some great pictures of this dream-like setting.
At the end of the day, your air-conditioned transportation will return you to your resort as the sights of the archaeological and natural wonders become ingrained into your memory.
Location(s): Cancun / Riviera Maya
Season: All year long
Start Time: 10:30 a.m.
Duration: 7 to 11 hours
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for children: Yes
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
Chichen Itza Regular
This no-frills, all-thrills activity offers guests a full-day outing that includes a visit Chichen, a swim at an area cenote, and a lunch buffet. The order of this itinerary might be reversed, depending on the day’s operations.
Chichen Itza Sky [Cancun only]
This tour option includes even more exclusive services than the Deluxe option. Apart from the transportation in a luxurious, panoramic Sky Luxury Cruiser bus, you’ll also enjoy these additional options:
- Refreshing towels and alcoholic beverages during your excursion
- Wine, tequila, beer, water and soft drinks after your visit to the archaeological site
Chichen Itza Deluxe
This excursion is perfect if you’re looking for a more exclusive and personalized service. You'll travel aboard a deluxe bus with executive services and limited capacity, equipped with air-conditioning and restroom.
- Enjoy a continental breakfast on your way to Chichen Itza; served with coffee and juice
- A lunch buffet is served in the Pueblo Maya restaurant (drinks not included)
- Water, soft drinks and beer are served on the return trip
- Visit to the Ik Kil cenote with the possibility of going for a swim
- On the way back to your resort, the bus will take you on a panoramic ride through the colonial town of Valladolid, located near Chichen Itza (no stops allowed)
IncludesAll tours include:
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site
- Bilingual tour guide
- Round-trip transportation to/from hotel or meeting point
- Excursions vary depending on their options; please see the section 'Tour Options' for more detailed information
- Pick-up times run from 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and vary according to your resort, so see your Amstar representative for more information
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring insect repellent, sunglasses, a camera, a swimsuit and a towel (if your excursion includes a trip to the cenote)
- Drinks are not included at the restaurant
- Bring extra money for shopping, beverages or souvenirs
- Times and duration can vary depending on weather conditions and unexpected events
- Wheelchairs with wider wheels are suggested for easier movement in the archaeological zone
- Wheelchair users must be able to move independently or be moved by a family member or companion
- Infants from 0 to 4 years of age must ride on their parent’s laps or pay a recovery rate to ensure a seat
"This is a great tour. Very much worth it. Just be aware it's extremely hot, so be prepared. Was a little disappointed we could not go up into the ruins themselves, but can't be helped since they were closed by the government. We did the deluxe and went to the Cenote. That is also awesome. "
Jeff leuschner - Rowlett - 29 May 2016