Adults: Over 12 years oldChildren: From 6 to 12 years oldInfants: Under 5 years old
From : 49.00 USD
Take this special Chankanaab Park excursion and discover one of Cozumel’s most famous attractions. There’s good reason for the popularity — Chankanaab National Reef Park is a conservation area that brings visitors closer to marine life in the Caribbean Sea. Experience it firsthand with attractions like snorkeling, a sea lion show, a crocodile farm, and even Mayan ruins around a lagoon.
Discover the wonders inside Chankanaab Park
When you’re at Chankanaab Park, you’ll find out why its name means ‘Little Sea’ in the Mayan language. VIsit a lagoon surrounded by Mayan ruins, as well as a natural coral reef with up to 25 feet of visibility for your snorkeling adventure. Your visit includes a riveting sea lion show, a visit to a crocodile farm, and a lunch featuring the local flavors of the Mexican Caribbean.
Swim with Cozumel’s dolphins, if you choose
You can upgrade your visit to Chankanaab Park by adding on a dolphin discovery program, giving you and your fellow travelers a chance to touch, pet, hug, kiss and even swim with playful dolphins who love to interact with people. Whether you add this or skip it, make sure to simply sit back and relax at the park’s white-sand beach after your many encounters with the diverse marine life at Chankanaab. The park is open for 8 hours, so you can map out your day however you please.
Season: All year long
Duration: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Includes Transport: No
Good physical condition required: Yes
Minimum height requirement: 4 ft (1.20 m)
Suitable for children: Yes
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Varies
Designed especially for kids and families, the Dolphin Encounter is the ideal program to introduce your children to nature and the beauty it offers. The entire activity is done from a platform, ideal for those not comfortable with swimming. The program includes a dolphin kiss, a hug, and a handshake. While you’re in the water, you will also be able to enjoy their games, dancing, and singing.
This dolphin swim experience is extraordinary. Firstly, because you will enjoy snorkeling with these amazing mammals, wearing an underwater mask! You’ll see the incredible speed and dexterity of the dolphins close by and direct. After interacting with the dolphins receiving a kiss, a hug and some playful extras, you will delight in the exciting belly ride. Hold on to the dolphin’s fins as he swims backwards and drags you across the surface!
This program is the most dynamic adventure and one-of-a-kind dolphin experience in Cozumel. It can be described in two words: action and speed. It includes free time with spontaneous playing, playful hugs and kisses, a dorsal tow and finally, the popular foot push!
- Chankanaab National Park entrance
- Sea lion show
- Facilities: pool, lockers, showers, restrooms
- Snorkel in Chankanaab National Park (equipment not included)
- Buffet lunch
- 1 beverage (beer or soft drink)
- If you get to the Mexican island of Cozumel by cruise ship, verify your schedule before booking to avoid inconveniences. The Time Zone in Cozumel is CST-Central Standard Time (UTC/GMT-6 hours) during winter and CDT-Central Daylight Time during summer (UTC/GMT-5 hours).
- If you have any health or physical problem please contact our call center before you make your reservation so we can provide you full information about our services.
- Remember to use biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin, the environment and marine species.
- Bring towels and cash for taxis, shopping, meals, and souvenirs.
- Min. age (Dolphin Encounter): 1 year old
- Min. age (Royal Swim & Swim Adventure): 8 years old
- Pregnant women are allowed to participate in the Dolphin Encounter only
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour