When booking airport transfers to Playa del Carmen or other destinations in Cancun or the Riviera Maya, there are always a lot of doubts about what to do and especially what to expect. To make things easier for you, we’ve prepared a list of 7 things to help you plan your next trip to the tantalizing Mexican Caribbean.
Your arrival to Cancun
Cancun is a tropical destination, and is often subject to very hot and humid weather conditions. You will notice the difference just as soon as you step off the plane. As a result, make sure that you are wearing light clothing underneath whatever you use on the plane to stay warm. Moreover, always make sure you are sufficiently hydrated by drinking at least three liters of water a day.
Getting Out of the Airport
Once you pick up your luggage and pass through customs, you’re now ready to head out into one of the most beautiful destinations in the world: the Mexican Caribbean. But, and there’s always a but… first you have to make it through the throngs of anxious sellers, timeshare and otherwise, who are waiting for you at the other side of the customs door. However, remember they’re just people looking to make a living. Simply say, “No, thank you,” don’t establish eye contact and keep walking through to the next door that will take you out to the parking lot where your Amstar representative will be waiting for you.
Finding Your Amstar Representative
Finding your Amstar representative is easy. Once you walk outside the door you will see representatives from several different transportation companies. Like Amstar, they’re waiting to take their clients to their destinations in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. No timeshare salespeople here! To find your Amstar representative, just look for the smiling face and the blue-flowered Amstar uniform.
Time, Time, Time
You’ve just arrived after a long flight, and your first and most important thought is getting to your hotel and heading to the beach or pool for a cool drink. In other words, you just want to get there fast. That’s why Amstar has several options for airport transfers to Playa del Carmen. With our private and private deluxe services, you and your party will be taken directly to your hotel. No other people and no stops involved. Unless of course you’d like to stop at a convenient store along the way for some cold water, beer or soda. Amstar also offers shared transfers, where you and other guests share a vehicle to your respective hotels. Vehicles are grouped by region so that everyone on board is going to hotels within close proximity to one another. You should never have more than a 30 minute wait at the airport and there are never more than four stops per vehicle.
On Your Way – Airport Transfers to Playa del Carmen
Once you’ve boarded your vehicle and said goodbye to your Amstar representative, your professional driver will safely take you to your destination in Playa del Carmen, Cancun or the rest of the Riviera Maya. Along the way, keep an eye out for the different places and attractions you will see. Some of the places that you will pass along the way are:
- Puerto Morelos – a sleepy fisherman’s village located halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, this charming town on the Caribbean Sea has managed to maintain its laid-back lifestyle in the midst of the massive developments all around it. It’s a wonderful place to visit for beach walking, snorkeling and some very good Mexican seafood cuisine. For more information, see our 8 Great Puerto Morelos Travel Tips.
- Xoximilco – the latest edition to the cultural scene in the Mexican Caribbean,Xoximilco evening dinner cruise offers guests a fascinating journey into the colors, flavors and rhythms of Mexico aboard wooden gondola-style boats. With live music, great food and tons of fun, this is a tour you’ll definitely enjoy. ¡Fiesta!
- Cirque du Soleil – The first and only Cirque du Soleil theater in Latin America, Cirque du Soleil opened its doors last November to much acclaim. Joya, the Cirque du Soleil show, draws on Mexico’s history and heritage to tell the story of an alchemist and his granddaughter embarking on a transformative quest to uncover the secrets of life. Through their wonderfully disorienting journey they will discover a hidden gem in the mangrove, passing along the poetry of love and life to future generations.
- Selvatica – Rated the #1 tour on TripAdvisor and for a reason, Selvatica is the real deal. Ride an ATV through the jungle, swing on Tarzan ropes, take a daring walk over suspended bridges and fly through the jungle canopy. Selvatica is that and more. Safe and fun for the entire family, Selvatica will have you shouting, “Gimme All!”
- Maroma Beach – With so many miles and miles of beautiful white sand beaches that reach out to embrace the mesmerizing hues of the Caribbean Sea, to achieve the accolade of the Riviera Maya’s most beautiful beach is an honor indeed. Yes, it’s that beautiful here. And what’s more, it’s also home to one of the region’s top adult-only all-inclusive hotels: Secrets Maroma Resort & Spa. Need we say more?
Organizing Your Trip Back Home
Although you’ve just arrived and the last thing that should be on your mind is your return trip, it’s still important that you look for your Amstar representative as soon as you can upon arrival to the hotel. Our representatives are trained professionals and local destination experts. They’re there to clear up any doubts not only about your return trip, but also about any questions you may have about the hotel or the destination. Contacting them at the beginning will ensure a smooth ride; not just back home but during the duration of your stay in paradise.
Leaving the Hotel
Every good thing comes to an end, and unfortunately it always seems to happen all too fast while on vacation. You’ve enjoyed your downtime at the beach, the R&R, the beautiful land and seascapes and, above all, the warm hospitality of your Mexican hosts. But now it’s time to say goodbye and the best way to do so is by making sure that everything goes as smooth as possible. How? Simple make sure that you have checked out and are ready to go at the designated time. Remember, especially with shared transfers, our responsibility to you is the same we take seriously with all our others guests as well.
Have any more questions? Amstar dmc is online and in destination 365 days a year. Our mission is to provide you with world-class customer service and inspiring travel experiences at each step in your journey. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, comments or suggestions on how we can better serve you. Check out our airport transfers page and make sure you’re in the hands of the experts on your next trip to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica or Costa Rica.