Or say “I DO” while vacationing in either Cancun or the Riviera Maya.
With Valentine’s day just around the corner, love is in the air and you may be pondering how you are going to pop the question or perhaps you already got your ‘YES’ and are wondering where to say ‘I DO’? Or just maybe you have already gone through all of the motions and would like to either renew your vows or join the trendy “Trash the Dress” frenzy.
If your partner is anything like me and has watched just one too many romantic flick then you will agree that the pressure really is ON and top of the line swooning will take some serious work and thought.
In an effort to take some of the stress out of the equation we thought you might enjoy some practical advice to get your inspiration wheels turning with five cool places to consider for either popping the question or saying “I DO” or to use as really cool photo opportunities to underline your special event all the while making sure it will stand out for all times.
- Waterproof the question in mica and take it with you on a scuba diving or snorkeling trip.
- If you are feeling crafty, you could build a sand castle on the beach and engrave the question on it.
- Arrange for a message in a bottle to land at his/her feet while taking a romantic stroll on the beach or bury it easy to find near your towel and beach set-up.
- Seal the question and display during an organized swim with dolphins. With proper planning you can even get the dolphin involved in presenting the ring.
- Ask your fiancé to be to take a leap of faith while literally jumping off a cliff into a cenote (freshwater hole).
- Pop the question during a romantic beach horseback ride into the sunset.
- Engage the hotel staff to give you a hand holding up posters while you get down on one knee and pop the question.
PS.: If you’re wondering… dropping on one knee is totally NOT overrated.
AND FOR ADDED BONUS POINTS: Do it unexpectedly and hire a secret photographer to follow you around inconspicuously to capture the moment.