Like in many other countries throughout the globe, Valentine’s Day or “Day of Love and Friendship” is celebrated in Mexico each February 14th. Personally, I love this date; it’s always a great excuse to nurture that extraordinary bond that brings two people together. But what about the days before and after Valentine’s Day? Because you always want to do something special to pamper your partner, it’s always nice to have a few good ideas to say I love you.
When traveling to Cancun or the Riviera Maya, a myriad of great options exist to help you celebrate that special someone whom you love so much. There’s always something for everyone here, so really it all depends on how you would like to share your love and friendship.
Here are five of my favorite romantic ideas to help you enjoy the pleasure of being in the Mexican Caribbean for such a special occasion.
1. The number one attraction par excellence in the Mexican Caribbean? The plethora of beautiful and paradisiacal beaches. And you will definitely want to enjoy them as much as possible. Visit a natural, virgin beach or pamper yourself at a beach club with all the amenities. Whichever you choose, your fun in the sun promises to be a picture-perfect experience. With sand as white as sugar and the crystalline, turquoise water of the Caribbean Sea, you’ll feel like you’re in a tropical paradise. Does it get any more romantic than this?
2. If you like to explore beautiful and fascinating nature containing an added dose of adrenaline, don’t miss a visit to the amazing system of underground rivers at Rio Secreto. It’s an experience for all ages in a natural underground world of unrivaled beauty. Explore crystal clear waters accompanied by the one you love surrounded by ancient stalagmites and stalactites.
3. A new addition to Cancun’s tourist scene allows you to enjoy culture and world-famous Mexican cuisine all in one beautiful place: Xochimilco. Only open at night, this fun-filled attraction promises a wonderful evening aboard a trajinera or wooden boat as you gently float down canals amidst tropical landscapes, all the while enjoying some of Mexico’s best typical dishes and drinks and being serenaded by great musicians playing traditional Mexican folklore. A great gift!
4. Feel the gently Caribbean breeze pushing the white sails of the catamaran forward to its destination: a small tropical yet inhabited island. This sounds like a dream, but is within reach for everyone in Cancun. Combine relaxation with fun as you enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds you. Your journey first takes you to snorkel at a coral reef . Afterwards, you’ll sail to Isla Mujeres for a delicious lunch and time to relax and have a drink on the beach before heading off for a romantic exploration of this picturesque village.
5. The best choice for a full day exploring the best that the Mexican Caribbean has to offer? A visit to the theme park Xcaret! A true MUST when you are in Cancun or the Riviera Maya, Xcaret combines the cultures of Mexico, arts and handcrafts, flora and fauna of the region, gastronomy, swimming in an underground river, hammocks for relax in the shade, traditional horse shows, tequila production, music, a traditional graveyard, and much, much more. Finally, cap off a day full of fun and adventure with the Riviera Maya’s most impressive cultural display of song, dance and traditional clothing at Xcaret’s evening dinner show titled “Spectacular Mexico.” A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Follow the links above to find out more about these romantic tips to enjoy Cancun or the Riviera Maya while pampering yourselves for the love you share. Click here to make online reservations or contact your Amstar representative at your hotel for more information. Looking for more ideas? Contact us via social media and we’ll be glad to help you find something more suitable to your desires!